Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer slavery

The children embarked on what should be a biannual tradition, cleaning the room, including the desks. It is amazing how much stuff can get shoved in a drawer in a matter of 6 months.

J started it by taking me literally when I said to clean out his desk. I walked into his room and I couldn't see carpet at all. He had dumped everything out. The floor was covered.

I kicked B out of the room, it would be too much to handle that much junk and two boys. J & I spent the next 4 hours in there sorting and tossing and organizing and putting away.

This picture is about 3 hours into the clean. We still have a long way to go.
Photobucket


A started her room on her own. Of course she is now 4 hours into her room and I'm getting antsy. I'm ready to pull a J, dump everything and make her go through it all. She seems to be taking things out of the drawers one at a time. At this rate she might not be done by the time school starts.

This picture was taken at the same time as J's. I could take a picture today and you wouldn't be able to tell a difference.
Photobucket


I have to take B to play at a friends house at 1. If she's not done by then, I'm moving in and yelling a whole lot!

No comments: