Thursday, October 4, 2007

Strawberry Coffee Cake

from Coffeecakes book from Chronicle Books

Recipe: This cake is made from a simple cream cheese dough. Spread half in the bottom of a 9x13 pan, add a layer of sliced strawberries, dollop the rest of the dough over strawberries, sprinkle top with a mixture of almonds & brown sugar.

Results: The dough was yummy, but very sticky & hard to spread. I used at least 2/3 of the dough to cover the bottom of the pan, so not as much was dolloped on top. But it still tasted great.

Everyone in the family loved this. I'm not a huge strawberry fan. Okay, I don't really like fruit and I ate this. Okay, I did pick out the strawberry when there was a huge hunk of it, but I ate the small bits. Next time I might chop my strawberries instead of slice. Then there won't be huge hunks and I'll like it better.

I'm liking this book, I've really enjoyed the two recipes I've made so far. I've got my eye on my next one to try. Thanks to Kristin for a fabulous bday present.

No comments: