Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Roast Beef Sandwich with Onion Sauce Results

Recipe: Beef roast, sliced onions, garlic, spice rub. Rub spices into meat, wrap in foil with onions, garlic & water. Roast in oven. Take half onions & process in food processor, add 1 1/4 c of liquid while running. Mix with remaining onions. Serve meat on biscuits with slaw and onion sauce.

Changes: I didn't roast it in the oven. It was too hot & I put it in the crock pot. No biscuits & no slaw. DH picked onion rolls instead & they were out of slaw at the deli.

Results: I wish I hadn't done the crock pot. The meat was a little tough, I think it would have cooked nicer if it had been in the oven. I am not normally a fan of cole slaw, but after having a pulled pork/cole slaw sandwich in TN, I was looking forward to trying it. I liked the onion sauce. I might change up the spice rub (paprika, garlic, salt, pepper & something else) next time for a little more kick.

DH liked it fine. He said he would like it again, but he prefers french dip to this.

I'll keep this recipe.

No comments: