Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust Results

From epicurious.com

Recipe: whole wheat flour, white flour, sugar, water, yeast, olive oil, salt. Dissolve sugar in warm water. Add yeast and proof for 10 minutes. Add oil & salt to yeast mixture. Add flour & mix until incorporated. Add rest of flour to counter and knead until elastic & flour absorbed. Let dough rise until doubled. Split into 2 balls and let rise again. Make pizza and bake at 425 15-20 minutes (depending on size of pizza.

Changes: I was out of olive oil, used vegetable oil. I will have to use olive oil next time. It might give it a little more flavor.

Results: I thought this was a good pizza crust. It was thin yet bready/crusty, not crunchy. I think it could have had a little more flavor, maybe use melted butter or olive oil in place of vegetable oil next time. I like that it used half whole wheat flour. Just a little healthier than all white flour. DH & kids didn't notice the difference.

Everyone loved the pizza and we will make this again.

I'm definitely keeping the recipe.

No comments: