Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pasta with Bacon & Broccoli Results

from Better Homes & Gardens

Recipe: Cook pasta. Add broccoli for the last 4 minutes. Drain and set aside. Cook bacon & onions. Add red pepper. Saute until onions golden. Add chicken stock. Simmer. Remove from heat and add chopped tomato. Add pasta & broccoli & parmesan cheese.

Changes: I picked this recipe because it said Bacon. We have a lot of frozen bacon from the Bacon of the Month club, I'm always looking for ways to use bacon. I obviously didn't read the recipe well because it was suppose to be canadian bacon. Oh well. I used the pepper bacon anyway.

Results: DH said it was okay. It was between the prison food cheeseburger pie and the excellent pork tenderloin with tabasco onions. I asked where in between. So on the scale of 1-10, he gave it a 5-6. Kids picked at it, not impressed at all. I actually liked it alot. It was salty (which I love) and not just a typical red sauce. I might try it again and use canadian bacon instead of bacon bacon.

I'll keep it for now.

No comments: