Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tuesday August 14

So we went to the library. It was a good visit. All kids were good. B didn't yell too much. He was so cute, insisted on getting two books of his own. I kept putting them back on the shelf, he kept going back for them.

A got 4 Nancy Drew books and read one of them this afternoon. If she keeps up this pace we're going to need to go to the library again this weekend. J got 3 Curious George books and a book about penguins. I don't like Curious George books. They are way too long. But he likes them so I deal with it. I was glad that he picked something else.

Then this evening, I was out playing in dirt and C comes out laughing and says "I need to talk to you about the 'smut' you brought into our house." I had no idea what he was talking about. He said "That book that you got for J at the library." Well, I know that Curious George books, as long-winded as they are, do not contain smut. So I replied "The penguin book?" I was right. It turns out that the book And Tango Makes Three is about a male penguin couple who are different then the other penguin pairs but they are loving and cuddle. The zoo keepers give them an egg for them to raise. C, who says he is okay with all that, was not happy with the possibility of having to answer questions about gay parenting from a 4 year old. Luckily J just liked the book about penguins and thought nothing of it.

No comments: