Monday, August 20, 2007

Ravioli with Basil Cream Sauce Results

from ???

Recipe: Cook ravioli according to package. Saute mushroom, green onion & garlic. Add can of mild rotel tomatoes (drained) & spices. Add heavy cream. Bring to a boil, then simmer. Add parmesan cheese. Stir in ravioli.

Results: This was an okay dish. But I think it would have been better if I hadn't made some substitutions. I had regular rotel instead of mild. It was a little too spicy. I didn't have heavy cream. I used a combo of 1% & skim because it was all I had left in the house. It made it rather thin. I would make this again with just regular tomatoes instead of the mild rotel & use some red pepper for a bit of spice instead.

DH liked it okay, but it was too spicy. I scraped the sauce off the ravioli and threw some jarred sauce on top for the kids. It was still too spicy for them.

I'll keep this recipe and try it one more time.

No comments: