Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Chicken Stew Results

From a hand copied recipe from who knows where

Recipe: saute chicken in butter, saute vegetables(celery, carrots, onion, potatoes), add chicken broth & spices. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes. Add a mixture of water & flour. Bring back to boil and stir until thickens. Add frozen peas and simmer for another 10 minutes

Results: This was a basic stew recipe. It was easy and pretty good. I added extra chicken stock. It called for one can. I didn't have a can so I made 1 1/2 cups of stock from base. It didn't seem like enough so I added another cup.

DH liked it. I knew he would. That is his kind of meal. A thought there was too much pepper and for once, I agreed. I was talking with my sister while using the pepper grinder. I guess I got carried away. J liked and ate most of his peas. I think he did it to gross out his sister more than actually liking the peas. B ate his chicken and picked at the rest of the vegetables. I tried to sneak a few peas & carrots in while feeding him a bite or two. It didn't work. Maybe someday he'll eat vegetables. I've got to keep trying.

I'll keep this recipe. But I think I'll wait until it is below 100 outside before making it again. It was weird eating stew on a hot summer night.

No comments: