Friday, May 9, 2008

too much to do

I have a big list:

Today:
  • Order Baskin Robbins cake
  • Make aprons
  • Bake cakes
  • Crumbcoat cakes
  • Make Fondant
  • Lunch w/A at school
  • make recipe cards for cake and icing for goody bag
  • print copies of cake recipe for party

Tomorrow:
  • Clean house
  • Decorate cake boxes
  • Color icing & make icing tubes.
  • Roll out fondant icing
  • Make Asian Slaw salad for evening party
  • Buy wine for evening party
  • Buy bread for evening party
  • Pick up b-r cake
I went out after the kids went to bed last night to get errands out of the way. I swung by Sister#2's house to get coupons for JoAnn's. I stayed too long talking. I finally went to JoAnn's. I walked in the door at 8:59 as they were announcing that the store was closing. At least I knew exactly what I needed and was out of there in less than 10 minutes. I had an expensive trip to the grocery store. I decided to save myself one thing for the party and I bought ready made icing. I had no idea how much I needed so I bought all the white icing they had left. I think I got 12 cans. I'm sure it will be enough but I didn't want to fall short. I also had to buy cashews for the Asian slaw salad. Wow, I forgot how expensive cashews are. I spend close to $30 in icing & nuts alone.

1 comment:

MKH said...

I think this is going to be the best party ever! I wish I could come!

I am also really impressed that you are making fondant. Let me know how it goes!