Friday, May 9, 2008

A's birthday

Today was A's birthday. She's 8 years old. I can hardly believe that it has been eight years. I remember that day so well. I could rehash her birth story but it was just a boring normal birth. I have gorier more interesting ones with the boys.

This morning J woke me up around 5:15. A was up out of bed at 6:30. She was very excited. Not only was it her birthday, it was also May Crowning. All the second graders got to wear their First Communion dresses and process in for the May Crowning. It was a busy morning. I was all stressed about getting her dressed, remembering all her clothes to change into plus figuring out when to bring birthday snack to school, I actually forgot to wish her a happy birthday. She had been up for 15 minutes or so when I realized I hadn't mentioned it.

Despite my harried morning, I managed to finish a lot on my list. I do have stuff to do tomorrow but it seems manageable right now.
  • Frost cakes for decorating
  • Color icing and put in decorating tubes
  • Color fondant and roll out
  • Gather supplies for cake making
  • Decorate cake boxes
  • Make salad for evening party
  • Buy wine & bread for evening party
If I get up and get moving, I might even have time to go to J's first tball game tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to A!!!! Wow! EIGHT! Weird.
Btw, the last on your list is most important, I think. With wine, ye can do all other things :-0