Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The birthday party

Saturday was A's birthday party. It was a last minute effort on my part. I planned it and knew what I needed to do and then did nothing until Thursday night. Luckily this was the easiest party I've ever thrown. The girls baked a chocolate cake and then decorated cake layers.

I baked cakes & made aprons on Friday afternoon. I crumb coated the cakes & made fondant on Friday night. I iced the cakes and colored the frosting Saturday morning.
Photobucket


After a break for J's t-ball game, I cleaned up, gathered supplies and did a few last minute things. We were all ready by the time the girls arrived.
Photobucket


It helped that there were only 4 girls there, including A. I think they all had a fun time. Here is the result of A's efforts.
Photobucket


I think my favorite part of the afternoon was when I told the girls that part of baking is cleaning up. I handed them rags and the spray bottle and had them clean the table and then had them vacuum the floor. They were lucky, I didn't make them wash the dishes too!

No comments: