Friday, May 9, 2008

So much for being open minded

Last night in my late night grocery run, I walked down an aisle past a group of teenage boys. There were 6-7 of them and they seemed to just be wandering. My first thought was that they were up to no good. I immediately scolded myself. I had absolutely no reason to think badly of them. They hadn't said anything to me, they hadn't done anything wrong, they weren't acting (terribly) obnoxious.

As I was checking out I saw them walk out the door and walk past my car.

This morning DH decided that since it isn't suppose to rain for at least a week, it was time to get my car washed, waxed & detailed. (He had a good coupon or he wouldn't have done this.) He drove my car around back and started to clean out all the kid trash. He quickly came inside and asked me if I knew I had a long scratch down the side of my car.

How upsetting. I absolutely know it wasn't there yesterday afternoon when I picked up the kids. I did go to ballet, the dollar store & JoAnn's yesterday. But every time I parked away from other cars and/or there were plenty of people around. I suppose that it could have happened at one of those places. But honestly, I'm going back to my gut reaction with those boys. I think they keyed my car.

DH took it for the wash & wax. They were able to buff out some of the scratch but not all of it. My poor car! I tried to take pictures of the damage but since my car is so nice and shiny now, it was reflecting everything. Here's the best I could do:

Photobucket

No comments: