Tuesday, May 13, 2008

J's first t-ball game

Saturday morning was J's first t-ball game. I wasn't enthusiastic about him playing, mostly out of selfishness. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of another weekly practice and a Saturday game. I was looking forward to the break.

I have to admit I enjoyed the game. It was amusing to watch. Most of the boys didn't know where to run, fielding was awful, there were few outs and everyone got to score a run. Coaches were there to pick up the boys and make them run to first base when they ran after the ball they just hit. Balls dribbled right past the gloves and through open legs. The boys all had a great time.

Of course, I took pictures. I had some major lens envy. There were two ladies there with big ole lenses on their cameras. I like my camera, but it would be nice to have a fancier lens to take better pictures at sporting events.

Starting lineup
Photobucket

Waiting to bat
Photobucket

Running home
Photobucket

1 comment:

Susan said...

I want a new lens, too. But jeez... $300 or $400? Gotta make due for a while.

Hope you can stay amused through the season. If so, you're a better mom and I.