Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I need to learn how to count

I'm knocking out my list. J's glasses are fixed. Cookies are baked and decorated. Not beautiful but done. Teacher cards & gift are done. Kid cards are done. The front has a picture of the class. The inside looks like this:
Photobucket


I did have counting issues with the goody bags. I had to get enough for 25 kids. I was thrown by the fact that all junky toys are sold in packs of 4/6/8/12. Easily enough for 24 kids, not for 25. I couldn't count on one child being absent. I thought about not giving one to J, but he's the kind who cries.

I bought a bunch of stuff and came home to stuff bags. I was about 19 bags into it when I realized that I can't count. I bought several toys that were packs of 4. I bought 5 packs. 4 x 5 = 20 not 25. Crap. I'm an embarrassment to my B.S. in Mathematics.

Back to W**#Mart I went. Once back at the store, I realized there were not enough packages of the toys for the last 5 bags. I bought 2 packs of girly toys instead. I came home and made 19 boyish treat bags and 6 girlish treat bags and all is done.

P.S. Tragic news. I walked out front today to see DH wielding a broom. He was sick of all the cobwebs outside and decided to clean. Yep, I believe our spider is a goner.

No comments: