Tuesday, September 18, 2012

since the weekend

We've been busy.  Of course, we've been busy. We're always busy. I checked, I have 66 blog posts with the word "busy".

Here's what's been happening since the weekend.

Friday night, J played baseball and I got to go watch. Here he is at bat and taking his walk.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saturday night, A baked a cake to celebrate DH's birthday with the family.

Photobucket

The crazy cousin dog Chinook ate part of it. We ate around the dog slobber while enjoying the ND/MichSt game with the cousins and friends.

Today was Big Green Egg Day!

Photobucket

DH is excited. Wowa is excited. I don't know who is more excited. Of course, we were too busy to try it out today but I think we're going to make something on Friday.

While picking up the big green egg, I bought myself an anniversary present.

Photobucket

Yes, we got married 14 years ago today. Of course, we were too busy to celebrate tonight. J had a baseball game and I had a meeting at school for 7th grade parents regarding high school. I thought it was too early for that meeting. I think I was right. DH & I did celebrate with a nice lunch out and then the 'pick up the big green egg' errand.

While photographing the big green egg, I noticed my serious neglect of the garden.

Photobucket

I really need to clean it up. I've been avoiding it with the excuse of avoiding west nile. Too many mosquitos and too hot. Well, the heat has cool off so I think I need to get back too it.  Speaking of west nile.

Photobucket

I had the garden trifecta of a hummingbird, a butterfly and a bee all at the same time on my turk's cap. I can only see the butterfly but you have to believe me when I say the others were there too. I haven't seen too many bees since they sprayed for west nile. I'm glad to see they are back. We had a discussing with my mom on Sunday about hummingbirds so it was cool to see one.

No comments: