Monday, May 7, 2012

Date night

Last Wednesday morning, DH asked if I wanted to plan a date night to see Alison Krauss on Saturday night. We don't do date night very often and I like Alison Krauss, so I said sure. Not two hours later, there was a knock on the door. It was a delivery man with tickets to the Mavericks playoff game, yes,  on Saturday night. Oh, no, what a quandry!

The tickets belong to S#2 & BIL and we didn't know who was going to get them. Lucky for DH & S#5, BIL gave the tickets to DH.  He took a friend to the game and I took S#5 to the concert. We both had a date night, just not with each other.



bad concert pics of the encore
Photobucket

my "date" walking through the parking lot after the concert
Photobucket


The concert was great. I didn't know all the songs, but she has a beautiful voice and it was great to just listen to the music. I even indulged in a t-shirt and the latest cd. I think S#5 had a good time too.

DH on the other hand didn't have as great of a night. Poor Mavs got swept by OKC, and so ends their reign as NBA champions. I think he was a little disappointed that he didn't get to see Alison Krauss with me. He should be!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I am laughing at "date night but not with each other". Too funny!

I bet the concert was awesome. Sorry about the Mavs. My family loves watching Cuban on Shark Tank.