Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tuesday morning adventures

I just got done with an exhausting morning.

J woke us up after 7. He normally gets up around 6 and I get out of bed around 6:40. So we were 20 minutes late at the start. I then realized that it is Tuesday and that means mass day. The DK classes go to mass now and they asked that parents attend with the kids. DH had a job in Plano at 8:30 this morning. I had to get breakfast, make lunches, take a shower, get A & J & B & me dressed & fed in 35 minutes. Luckily DH stepped up without me asking and got B dressed and fed.

I got out of the shower and DH says that A doesn't feel well. I check on her and she looks pathetic. There's been a stomach virus floating around, so I sent her to bed and broke the news to J that I can't go to mass. He promptly started crying. I had to walk away, it was too much for me at that point and had to make lunch. Next thing I know, A was in the kitchen talking and joking with J. I told her if she was well enough to do that, then she was well enough for school. We did make it out of the house by 7:45 which is about as late as we can leave to get to school on time. All of that with hardly a raised voice on my part. I felt victorious.

The next big task to tackle that morning: mass with J & B. B doesn't do well in mass and most Sundays we take him to the nursery. It was quite an accomplishment to keep him in the pew and relatively quiet the whole time. There was only one small rubber frog throwing incident that make the preschoolers laugh. But other than that, he did well. He pitched a big fit when we left J in the classroom. He was ready to take out the buckets of legos and start playing when I drug him out of there screaming. Another feat accomplished without me yelling. I'm having a decent morning.

We're home now. B is watching "Clues Clues" and I'm relaxing. I need the break before I tackle work.

1 comment:

Ronni said...

Gosh, I'm exhausted just reading about it. Thanks for visiting my blog the other day. I've entered your name in the "spreadsheet of yarny goodness".