Friday, February 22, 2008

Note wars

It all started with A crying, "He won't stop copying me!", which was quickly followed by J aping, "He won't stop copying me!"

I felt like covering my ears and yelling "BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Instead I dispensed with some wise motherly advice in a quiet whisper to No. 1 son, "I would stop if I was you or she's going to do it back to you!"

I was either too loud or A had the same idea. The first time J said something, A immediately repeated it. This continue for a block or so which reduced J to tears. I immediately put a stop to the tears. I told J he could not cry for something he was doing minutes before. If he didn't like it that much then he shouldn't do it to his sister in the first place.

The spatting continued when we got home. This is where the notes came in.

A started with this one hanging on her door.
Photobucket

(I have since confiscated it for the illegal use of scotch tape on a painted door. Big no-no in this house.)

J wanted one for his room. We then spent the next 20 minutes with me spelling and him trying to fit the note on the small piece of paper. Lots of erasing was done.
Photobucket

I quickly got sick of spelling 'except' and when I pointed out that he forgot the word 'Allowed', he came close to tears again. I decided to make this process easier. I wrote it out for him to copy. J learned from A's mistake and got some ticky-tacky from his father. Last night when I put him to bed, I found the results of his efforts.
Photobucket

Smart boy, I guess. Why go through the effort to write all those words when you can just use a pair of scissors.

1 comment:

barbara said...

we never seem to have that drama! is it the boy girl combo? it does add for interesting reading. i made beef stew yesterday. i think i will make your little pies with the leftovers and have salad. steven had leftovers today so, i might have to wait till tomorrow. maybe i will work on a blog. i actually did some computer work yesterday that i was very proud of. holland was not impressed he is the computer whiz. so, maybe holland and i will work on a blog together! got to get back to work.

barbara