Thursday, February 7, 2008

So DH is the new Macgyver

I tried to get ice from the ice maker. I normally don't use the ice. Since I've given up diet coke, I made some lemonade. I like lemonade with ice. This morning no ice came out. I opened up the door and saw there was a big hunk of ice sticking up, so I knocked it down and waiting for the machine to make more ice. After dropping the kids off at school, I came home expecting there to be ice. But alas, there was none.

DH got on the internet and googled his heart out. He found that the infrared ice detector eye is out. It thinks the ice bucket holder thing is full when it is not. He then googled the part and found a place in town that had it in stock.

Now he's in the kitchen taking things apart with a butter knife. That's why he's the new Macgyver. He's fixing it with a butter knife. Okay, he used a screwdriver too.

Since I've had no diet coke today, I'm cranky. I want to drink something other than plain water. I want to drink lemonade. Hopefully this will work because otherwise we're out $80.00 and I still have no ice for my lemonade.

No comments: