Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So I'm back to real life

Of course, I came back smack dab in the middle of momhood. I have laundry to do and A woke up with a stomach bug this morning, which means more laundry. I have to find a new doctor for J because the one I went to doesn't use pediatric anesthesiologists which I want. Especially since one of our friends is one and is offering to do the surgery for us. I tried to make sure she was on our insurance list, she said she probably is but we don't need to worry about that. I'm not sure what that means, but I'll take a break on cost since it won't be cheap. I have an appt with an ent she works with for next thursday. I was hoping to do it sooner, so I have a call into another office too.

No one has come up with an idea for the DK art auction project yet. I'm still dwelling on it. I want to come up with a cool project but I also don't want to be in charge. I'm going to try a project out with the kids and if it goes well, I'll suggest it. Otherwise, I'm waiting until someone else comes up with an idea.

Now everyone wants to know what's for dinner. Okay, everyone but A who is still feeling pukey. I put some chickens in the crockpot (I bought smaller ones and this time two fit at once!) but they won't be done in time for dinner. I'll use them for tomorrow night. Since there aren't any leftovers since I was gone for 2 nights and DH did no cooking, we might be eating peanut butter for dinner tonight.

Isn't it fun to come home after vacation.

In knitting news, I started working on a hat for the Chicago BIL. I got the ribbing done and I have started the first row of the pattern. I'm not sure how it is going, hopefully it will turn out nice. If not, he'll just have to wear an ugly hat long enough to send me a picture and then he can give it away if he wants.

No comments: