Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Knitting frustration

I started the Koolhaas hat for the Chicago BIL while I was in San Antonio. I finished up the ribbing and this afternoon I found some time to work on it. I got to row 6 and came to a complete stop.

I did some super duper sloppy chart reading. Honestly, I didn't really really look at it at all. I glanced at it and decided that I knew what I needed to do, put the chart away and started happily knitting along. I did notice that it wasn't remotely looking like the hat yet, but I just kept knitting thinking I would see the pattern later.

I realized at the end of row 5, I was off. In row 1, I did a lpc all the way around when I was suppose to alternate lpc/rpc. Of course I didn't realize this. Then in row 5 I thought I read the chart correctly. I did lpc then rpc around. But in row five you rpc/lpc. Again, I totally messed it up. I ripped back to the ripping and just picked up all the stitches again. What a pain that was.

Now I'm back on track. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: