Friday, February 29, 2008

Cookie Monster

It's that time of year again, Girl Scout cookie time. We picked up our stash of 101 boxes Wednesday afternoon. After lugging in the boxes of cookies we quickly sorted so we could deliver them to our neighbors who have anxiously been awaiting their treats. One neighbor said, "So-and-so's cousin's friend already got their cookies, when are our cookies coming?" She said that her daughter really, really wanted the cookies. I've blamed the kids before, I know it was really her!

The whole family set out with a wagon full of cookies at just after 4 pm. That is not a good time to deliver cookies we discovered. No one was home from work yet. After not much luck we went back home with a wagon still full of cookies. It was a beautiful day out. Kids and dad stayed outside to play, I went inside to cook dinner. After a while, I heard DH outside yelling, "No, B. Get out of the cookies!" He had been playing soccer with A&J and hadn't been watching B closely. He had torn open several boxes of cookies. He got the cardboard open, but when he got stuck at the plastic wrap, he moved onto the next box. He got through 4 before he was discovered.

I had to call the cookie mom that night to get replacement boxes. Her first question was, "Did I mess up?" I quickly assured her that her sorting & counting was fine, but my 2 year old is a cookie monster.

No comments: