Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So I need a cold shower

I got home yesterday afternoon from a weekend in San Antonio with my friend from Austin.

We had a great weekend of doing a lot of nothing. Saturday we went shopping, walked around, more shopping, mass, dinner and then home to bed. Sunday we exercised, went to Greune (more shopping), napped, dinner, movie (Juno - it was terrific) and back to bed. Monday we walked on the river walk, more shopping and then back to the airport and home. We slept in as long as we could both mornings, which wasn't very late, but it was lovely to wake up on my own rather than by the two footed alarm clocks that generally wake me up.

Sunday night we ate at Mi Tierra which is a old mexican restaurant by the market downtown. Afterwards we went through the market. They had those machines where you put in a quarter and put your hand on it and it measures how well you kiss/how passionate you are/how hot you are. S did the kissing one and she was passionate which was 3rd out of 6. I did the how passionate are you and I was off the chart take a cold shower. S thought that was hilarious. She almost called DH right then and there. Luckily I checked the time and stopped her. He was at the cathedral downtown for an RCIA Right of Sending (or something like that) with the guy he's sponsoring. That would have been bad to call him to tell him that his wife is way passionate in the middle of the RCIA ceremony.

I enjoyed myself a lot. We did do a lot of shopping which normally isn't my thing, but this was a nice I didn't have to buy anything, window shopping at my own pace without a husband or child bugging me about when we were leaving/how long was it going to take/why won't you buy me something that normally I associate with shopping. It was a pleasure just to wander and browse. I did buy a little gift for each of the kids. I also bought some shampoo for me, which I had to sent home to Austin since I wasn't checking my luggage. I forgot about that 3 oz rule. I'll get it the next time S is up in Dallas.

I think we'll do it again next year. I look forward to it.

No comments: