Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One of those mornings

Yesterday morning the stomach bug hit yet again. J was up multiple times in the night, half crying because he felt bad, the other half in the bathroom getting sick. B woke up several hours later calling for me. I should have known and gone right in, but I was still dealing with J and trying to get A up for school, so I left him for a while. When DH went in, it was a disaster zone. The stomach bug hit B too. Warning this is way TMI: He had stuff coming out both end and it was everywhere and it stank. We had to open the windows of the room most of the morning to air out the room. Multiple loads of laundry. The nasty horrible stomach bug. Ugh.

So that was yesterday. I thought for sure that things couldn't be worse. But they were. Yesterday day we took everything in stride, cleaned and germ-x-ed and lysol and tucked the sick ones on the couch to wait out the bug.

This morning it was yelling, yelling, yelling. No one wanted to cooperate and everyone wanted to yell. When A still had not brushed her teeth after five minutes warning, when she hadn't even opened the toothpaste, I started yelling too. She turned to me and told me I was the worst mother in the world.

And my oh-so-mature, perfect mother response was:

"I am not the worst mother in the world. I could beat you, then I would be the worst mother in the world."

Yes, it was one of those mornings. Let's hope tomorrow improves.

No comments: