Sunday, June 20, 2010

First Harvest

We have produce from the garden this year. It has been a lot of work. We have had a very, very dry May & June so far with no rain predicted in the next week or so. I've been hand watering when I remember. At least I'm getting something for my efforts, lots of jalapenos. I wonder if they will be extra hot because of the hot dry weather we've had. DH is going to make poppers today for Father's Day celebration, so we'll find out.

Photobucket


Besides our lima bean pod, we also got one teeny tiny strawberry about the size of my thumbnail. I cut it up into 4ths and fed it to the children before I realized I forgot to take a picture. Oops.

We have some green peppers growing and some tomato flowers that seem like they will actually produce a fruit. I'm not holding my breath because they got to this stage last year and then the stem broke and the flowers fell off. We got maybe a total of 5 tomatoes last year. I'll keep trying.

No comments: