Monday, January 14, 2008

Promise I will never break

Today we had a nice day. I was exceptionally productive in work. B took a long nap. He had trouble going down. I soon realized he was pitching a fit because I put him down in the crib. He's been napping in the other bed in J's room. I moved him and he went right to sleep. He was still sleeping at 2:45 when I left to pick up B and go to A's brownie meeting.

It was a hectic meeting. The mom who was bringing snack was late. The cookie mom who was suppose to do a presentation on selling cookies was even later. Eventually snacks and moms showed up and the meeting went well.

When we arrived home, I walked into the kitchen and DH put his arm out to stop me from walking through. He said I want you to repeat after me, "I will never put my son down for his nap ..." At this point I didn't bother to repeat. I knew what happened. I put B down without pants on. He had been running around in the diaper & a shirt all morning. I started apologizing. I really didn't think about it, I just was happy that he went down. I asked if he wet the bed. DH said "No, it was worse. He pooped then he took off his diaper in the bed." He said it was everywhere. B must have stood in it while he was in the bed. Then he got out of the bed, walked around the room and sat down to play trains. There were poop footprints on the carpet. I had to laugh. Poor DH.

What is it about B? First the "Baby Ruths" in the bathtub & now the poop prints all over the floor. Well, we solved the first issue by switching to showers. We'll solve this one by always putting him down with pants on. I promise. I promise. I swear I won't break this one. I don't want to clean up poop footprints!

DH cleaned the carpet up as best he could with resolve. I promised to handle all the issues with getting the carpets cleaned professionally. It's the least I can do for him.

I'm so glad that it wasn't me!!

1 comment:

Shea said...

It could have been much worse. A friend of mine found her little girl had fingerpainted her entire bedroom with poop. The carpet, windows, bed, dresser, toys, everything. Keep your chin up. It definitely could have been much worse.