Monday, January 21, 2008

Another weekend gone

This one wasn't nearly as hectic as the last one.

Friday we picked up J's glasses. I still don't have a picture yet. He's still a bit shy about them. But he looks handsome in the glasses, and older too.

Saturday was A's basketball & indoor soccer games. B-ball was awful. They played the other 2nd grade team and lost by a lot. A's not into the game and didn't care. Indoor game was a bust, the other team didn't show. They scrimmaged instead.

My big news was I got a haircut. Again, no pictures yet. I just keep forgetting. I like it okay. The layers are more distinct than I'm used to. It looks a lot better than it did before. Not many people have noticed, which I find strange since I had 5-6 inches cut off.

Yesterday night we had a good time. A had a friend over to play, the daughter of one of the GS leaders. We ended up going to their house for dinner. I like this lady but haven't spent much time with her outside of GS. It was an enjoyable evening. The food was good, lots of talk & laughter. I'm glad we went. Also, she has the same sewing machine as me. We talked about taking the classes for it together. DH keeps telling me that I have a new sewing friend. He's excited about that for some reason. Funny coming from the guy who got really grumpy when I bought the thing.

On the knitting front, I'm working on a hat for J using the leftover sweater yarn. I'm making a london beanie. And I'm making a scarf for the rest of the wedding present. I've made adjustments to this pattern because I only have one skein of 220. But I'm getting worried that it will be too short. I told my niece I would give it to her it is too short. Again, no pictures. Not sure why I have no pictures. I'm going to that to work on that.

No comments: