Saturday, January 19, 2008

One's for the junk

Yesterday I was driving with John. We got stopped at a light right by a big mansion. This is truly a mansion. Huge. Rumor is that it belongs to devil-worshippers/drug dealers/very rich eye surgeon. I think the last one is probably true.

We were stopped just to the east of the house and you could see 3 of the garage doors. The garage area in a "L" so we could only see the north wing. J asked how many garages the house had. When the light changed, he counted 6 garage doors. Then he asked why people would have 6 garages. I asked him what he thought. Here's his response:

"One's for the junk. "

I laughed and asked what the other 5 were for.

"Well, one is for the Daddy Sunday car, one is for the Mommy Sunday car, one is for the Daddy regular car and one is for the Mommy regular car."

I said that is only 5 garages, what is in the last garage? There was a pause.

"The kid toys. They must have a lot of kid toys."

I had to laugh.

No comments: