Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday morning

Last week I thought we didn't have much to do this past weekend. I thought I had it easy. Then I made the mistake of making a list and found out we had too much to do. But I got through it all.

Here's a rundown.
  • Friday night - nothing (which is why I thought our weekend was easy)
  • Saturday morning - A's basketball game. The boys and I skipped this because we were having "issues" and decided it was best not to take J and B stayed home by default
  • Saturday afternoon - trade the kids playdate. A went to M's house and her brother J came to ours. This was great. The boys played so well together. No fighting, some bossing but it was on both sides and they worked it out themselves. Aside from reminding them that B was sleeping, it was wonderful playdate.
  • Saturday afternoon continued: A was suppose to have an indoor soccer game but it doesn't start until next week. Bonus!
  • Saturday night - engagement party for friends' brother that we attended because they invited my sister M so she could meet the single friends of said engaged brother. Not sure if anything will come of it for my sister, but we had a good time. Ended up the last guests to leave and I didn't get much sleep.
  • Sunday morning - RCIA thing at church. DH is a sponsor for the husband of the friends who had the party. They had to do some candidate initiation thing. We had to be up early to get everyone to the church not just on time, but early. Normally we're walking running in as mass is starting. It was a feat, but the kids cooperated with bribes of donuts afterwards. Luckily the church was doing coffee & donuts and I didn't have to go buy them.
  • Sunday afternoon - major grocery shopping. I spent all my money. Bought tons of stuff and I have no idea what I bought because I'm thinking about dinner this week and I seem to have nothing. How does that happen?
  • Sunday afternoon continued - I made brisket & potato casserole and sort of watched the Cowboys debacle while doing some work & laundry & playing with the kids. One of those multitasking get it all done afternoons that gave me major tired head. At least the children didn't whine too much.
  • Sunday late night - more work. I kind of messed around on Friday and didn't get as much as I wanted done last week. I made up for it by working last night. I got a lot done. But all of the sudden, it was after midnight. Another night of not much sleep.

So now it is Monday morning. Busy week ahead. I should probably get back to work so I don't end up working until midnight next Sunday night!

No comments: