Thursday, January 24, 2008

My first really bad FO

So last week it was cold, really cold and my poor baby J cried because I never made him a hat. So what did I do, I immediately cast on a hat. It turned out so cute. A london beanie pattern with a nice stripe pattern using the leftover yarn from his sweater.

It was so cute until I tried to try it on his head. It wasn't happening. Way too small. So I said, that's okay. We'll give it to B. Nope, doesn't fit his head either.

So what went wrong. The pattern called for size 7 needles, which I don't own. I picked up my 8 dpns or so I thought. It turns out I had my 6s and hence very small hat. I thought great, it's a baby hat. I can use it for a present for the shower I have on Sunday.

Nope. It's too big for a baby hat.

Photobucket


I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Maybe I'll frog it. Maybe I'll keep it because even though it doesn't fit anyone, it is a still a cute hat.

No comments: