Monday, January 7, 2008

Making things

So, I tried making things for Christmas this year. Unfortunately we had very little success. The kids liked the ideas, but when it came down to it, I didn't set aside the time to do it.

The kids and I picked out fabric to make soft Christmas trees to give to Daddy. I cut the trees out using my mothers glue paper piecing method. She uses a fabric glue stick to paste the pattern to the fabric and then cuts it out. It was fabulous. I sewed the side seams and stuck them in my purse to bring home to finish. That's as far as we got. Maybe now that I have my own sewing machine, I'll be able to make a whole forest of soft trees for next Christmas.

My own sweet J took the idea to heart. He really wanted to make something for his sister for Christmas. I gave him the idea of making her a blank book. He decided that the book should be for her poems. Here are the results.

A's Poetry Book
 


A's first poems
 

It makes a Mom's heart melt!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: