Sunday, August 18, 2013

afternoon off

The week after our big vacation was one of those really bad, bad weeks. My boss and my boss's boss were both out of town. The software I support had a client going through their first audit while using our software and we had a bunch of code that had basically never been tested before. At least not with real life data. It was a really bad week.

Once it was over and my boss returned, we had a in-depth debriefing on what went right and what went wrong. At then end she told me to take a day off to make up for all the extra time we put in the week before.

I took Wednesday off. The kids had their back to school/yearly checkups. We got home and took off to the Perot Museum. DH & B went on a campout and J went on a school field trip, but A& I had never been.

Perot Museum escalator

Perot Museum tortoise

Perot Museum dinosaur

B & J raced a t-rex.

Perot Museum t-rex race

Perot Museum t-rex race

Perot Museum t-rex race



J build an earthquake proof building
Perot Museum shake table

We all made creatures for the recycle reef. DH - an octopus, J - a lobster, B - a coral reef and a bit boat, A - hermit crab & mermaid

Perot Museum Recycle Reef

Perot Museum Recycle Reef

Perot Museum Recycle Reef

Perot Museum Recycle Reef

It was a nice day off after a very long week of work.

No comments: