Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hunt for Red October

It's baseball playoff time and the Rangers have made it again.  DH had this fabulous idea to buy a bunch of tickets and sell them to make some money.

Well, when you don't know until Wednesday night that the game is on Friday, you don't have a whole lot of time to sell the tickets. Plus, when they start the game at 4:05, there aren't a lot of people clamoring to go.  DH & B were out camping with Y Guides this weekend. I was planning a low key Friday since our Saturday is full of me driving to and from various sporting events.  (You would think with one child down, it might be a little bit slower, but no!) Instead I took A&J and their friends to the Rangers game.





Photobucket

Photobucket


The weather was cool.  The atmosphere was great.  Lots of cheering and excitement as the team took the field for the lineup.





Photobucket


It was the very best first pitch I have ever seen.  Cooper Stone, 6 year old son of the man who fell at the ballpark this summer, threw to Josh Hamilton.  I think everyone had tears in their eyes.  I know I did.





Photobucket


That was the highlight of the game.  Well, that and the fan who ran into the grass area to grab a Rays home run ball and pitched it back onto the field as it had been in play.

We did see our pediatrician sitting 4 rows ahead of us, in the bottom right hand corner.  My phone moved while I was taking the picture.





Photobucket


And this cool haircut.  I hope for the man's sake that he normally shaves his head because last night's game wasn't worth the trouble.





Photobucket


At least that was only game one.  The Rangers have time to come back and win the rest.  Hopefully the Rays hot streak will end tonight.  Luckily, tonight's tickets did sell and DH isn't totally in the doghouse on his money making scheme.

No comments: