Saturday, September 1, 2007

Death by Toe

This is not for the weak of stomach or faint of heart. Just so you're warned.

Last night I ran on the treadmill. It was late when I started, after 9 pm. I just wanted to get it done.

A few steps into it, I felt something strange in my shoe, like my sock had rolled by big toe. I wiggled my toe around a little, eventually it went away. I didn't think much more about it.

Until, I took off my shoe. There was stuff at the end of my toe. After a little inspection I think we determined it was the remains of a baby gecko. I'm so sad. I love baby geckos and I squashed it to death with my big toe. Gross. There's something wrong with my shoes. That is the second dead insect since I've gotten them. Last month it was a cricket strangled in the laces.

No comments: