Sunday, September 9, 2007

Baked Risotto with Spinach & Shrimp

from Dallas Morning News

Recipe: Saute onion, red pepper & garlic. Add 2 cans of chicken stock, bring to boil. Add frozen chopped spinach & asparagus. Add spices (salt, white pepper, sage & nutmeg.) Bring to boil again. Put risotto and shrimp in casserole sprayed with cooking spray. Pour stock mixture over. Stir to combine ingredients. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes.

Changes: I left out the asparagus. I didn't have any. It also suggested to stir it when there were about 10 minutes to go to make sure any rice at the top wasn't too crunchy. I added some parmesan cheese on top after stirring. What is risotto without a little parm??

Results: Yummy. Delicious. It was still creamy like a traditional risotto but so much easier to make. DH went to watch football at a friend's house all afternoon/evening. I took advantage of the time to make a dish that I've been wanting to try. It was good. This one I will definitely make again. I gave A a bite. She didn't care for it at all, but she was eating strawberry yogurt at the time. I think that influenced the flavor of it. DH came home and decided to try a bite and half of the container of leftovers, so I think he approves also. See what he's missing out by banning the recipe experiment????

No comments: