Saturday, October 27, 2012

Clean your cookie sheet

I made another attempt at using a pin from Pinterest to solve a problem. A month or so ago, I made oven baked french fries for dinner. I forgot to line the cookie sheet with foil beforehand and it left me with a with a splotchy baked on olive oil mess.

I found this pin that explained that you should use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to clean your cookies sheets. You make a paste and rub it on with your fingers. I thought it was worth the try.

I quickly found that rubbing with my fingers wasn't going to cut it. I needed to scrub and scrub hard.

You can see the splotchy oil where I have started scrubbing.

Photobucket

Once I spent time scrubbing it pulled up a lot of gross junk.

Photobucket

In the end, it looked a lot better. I tried scrubbing with just soapy water before. This definitely had better result.

Photobucket

Even though it is improved, it is not totally clean. When you run your hand across the surface, you can still feel and even see where the baked-on oil was. I have since looked at other pins and found this one. She made the paste and let it sit. No scrubbing and it came clean. I think I might try this one next.

No comments: