Tuesday, June 19, 2012

baseball

The boys have been playing baseball this summer. J is still on the team the DH coaches. It has been a rough season for them, but as I told DH last night, you do what you can with the players you've got and you hope they have fun.

They played a game last night against the best team in the league. They held their own and came back in the last inning to score 5 runs. They lost 14-9. J was disappointed. I pointed out that they scored a lot of runs at the end. He said it didn't matter because they couldn't have won anyway. I reminded him that losing 14-9 sounds a lot better than losing 14-4. He agreed. I also reminded him that he had a good game. He had some plays at second. Even if the first baseman dropped the ball and they didn't get the out, he played the ball well. Plus, he got a couple of good hits.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


B is playing up in a 1st grade league, coach pitch.  I couldn't take another season of t-ball, neither could he.  It is going fine.  I have no idea if they win or lose, too many kids, too many runs to keep track of it all.  I just hope he's having fun.  This is the first sport/team he's been on where he has said he doesn't want to go to practice.  We'll have to see how he feels about it next year.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I do love all the faces he makes when he's playing.

No comments: