Saturday, May 14, 2011

Slumber party

A asked for a slumber party for her birthday this year. I was hoping for something a little simpler, maybe 2 friends for a fancy dinner out. Luckily, there are only 5 girls so it isn't too bad. I'm hope they get some sleep tonight. DH & the boys headed out for their own sleep over at MIL's house.

She had specific ideas about this party. Absolutely no theme. No plans. Except for maybe a game.

We came up with I-SPY scavenger hunt. She found a bunch of trinkets. We took pictures of them like a I-SPY card. I hid everything and the girls had to find the items on their cards.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


It was a fine game. Next time I would have more items per girl, maybe 10 instead of 5, and I would definitely make them harder to find. I didn't want to frustrate them but it was too easy.

Since the game, they have eaten, talked about boys, played Just Dance 2, talked about boys, eaten more, talked about boys, colored, talked about boys, played foos ball, talked about boys and finally settled down to watch a movie.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I noticed the boy thing creeping in at girl scout meetings this year. I didn't realize how big a subject it was until tonight. I guess this is just a part of the territory with turning 11? Gosh I hope it is a short phase.

No comments: