Monday, May 16, 2011

duct tape

J came home from school today and he wanted to make a duct tape wallet. I really wasn't in the mood to make a wallet at all. Normally, I'd just say do it yourself or wait until I feel like it. I know, what a great attitude for a mother. Today I decided that I probably say 'NO' way too often, so I sucked it up and said 'YES'.

Aside from the first step of creating a base sheet of duct tape, it wasn't that hard. We both had a hard time with our fingertips sticking to the tape. In trying to get it off, we'd forget and put another finger down in an attempt to pull it off the other hand. Rinse & repeat. It was comical. I didn't curse, I was proud.

In the end, it took about 20 minutes of tearing tape, cutting tape & sticking tape and we were done.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


J's a happy camper. Sometimes it is nice saying 'YES'.

1 comment:

susan said...

I am SO doing this! Cool! And, don't feel bad. I say no to everything.