Friday, February 18, 2011

pediatrician

I got a phone call this morning. It was from my pediatrician. We were friends in high school so it is kind of funny that she is now my kids' doctor. She works a few days of week in an office with her father.

It was strange that she was calling me. We aren't social friends and don't really talk outside of the office. I read the callerid and wondered what was up.

Bad new for me. She was calling to personally tell me that her father is retiring at the end of the month and they are closing the office. She isn't sure what she is going to do. She plans to take some time off and then look for another part-time position.

I'm sad. I was just telling someone how much I like the pediatrician's office. They squeeze us in whenever we need it. They call me at home to follow up and don't charge me if I call them to ask a question. Shoot, I have her cell phone number so I can call her anytime. I have taken advantage of that before (but not too often because I don't want to abuse it)! Plus the office is 3 minutes away from my house.

I'm not sure what I'll do. I could switch to a new pediatrician or I could go somewhere temporarily until she finds another position. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed the kids stay healthy for awhile so I don't have to worry about it right now.

No comments: