Thursday, February 17, 2011

mom's birthday

Today is mom's birthday. The family came over to dinner. Even my niece was let out of her dorm activities to join us for dinner. She was happy about to skip out. I made green chile enchiladas. I liked the sauce but the overall results were just fine. Not bad but not outstanding.

To go with my dinner theme, I made a mexican chocolate cake. I saw this cake being made on the morning program yesterday. I just added cinnamon & a dash or two of cayenne pepper. However, I got a call from work while I was making it and poured the batter into the pan before I floured it. Oops. It was a royal stuck mess. Even DH says it wasn't pretty.

I had to do something so I made a quick ganache and covered the mess. There was a thick layer of icing in the middle of the cake which overwhelmed my attempt at making it a "mexican" chocolate cake, but it tasted good.

Photobucket


S#5 bought her some chocolates from Cadeaux and I bought her some fabric from CityCraft. I hope she had a good birthday.

No comments: