Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Dad's Better than Your Dad

Ever since J saw commercials for this show, he's been begging for DH to go on it. I keep telling him that he's not old enough to go on the show. J is fine with that, he says that A can go on with DH instead. He really wants to do this. Every couple of days he'll ask me if I've looked up the rules and figured out how to apply for the show. He hasn't forgotten yet.

So, last night we turned on the tv and guess what was on? Yep, My Dad is Better than Your Dad. J was so excited to watch the show. There wasn't much to it. The kids and dads participate in silly stunts, answer questions and try to beat the other families.

I had a big problem with it. In the middle of the show, they had a commercial for another new show, Lipstick Jungle. The commercial was about how one woman was hot for one man and he was hot for her, but there was a problem. She is already married. There was some heavy kissing going on. This commercial should not be shown during a family show like that, totally inappropriate. DH turned the volume down and I distracted A & J. I guess I've gotten used to watching shows on tivo. You skip the commercials that way. Plus a majority of the shows we watch come from the Disney channel or Nickelodeon. I think I'm going to figure how to complain to NBC.

No comments: