Sunday, March 9, 2008

LYS is over

The LYS that is across the street from #5 sister is closing. They are suppose to re-open somewhere new the fall. I've been getting emails for the past couple of weeks warning of their closing and announcing their sales. I keep meaning to go but I hadn't gone.

Saturday morning, A had her cookie booth sale. I got her up and announced an hour early that we were leaving on an errand. Once in the car, I told her the true reason for leaving early. I called #5 sister and she met us there.

It was a nice visit. There was still a bit of yarn left. I wandered through, looked, picked up, looked some more but I couldn't bring myself to buy yarn just because it was there. I'm not a stasher at all. I wandered more and found a copy of VLT. I found a pattern for a skirt for #5 sister. She admired a wreath of felted flowers so I bought a noni pattern and told her I would teach her to knit so she could make her own. I still hadn't bought yarn for me, I needed yarn for a project, not just yarn. I decided to knit socks. I found a woman who worked there and told her that I wanted to try knitting socks. She pointed me to the yarn. When we debated what size needles I should use, I bought both sizes. Hey they were 50% off so I was getting 2 for 1 anyway. I'm kind of excited to try and see what all the hoopla is about.

This morning I got an email saying the store was still open today, come on down and buy some more yarn. Well, I couldn't make it but #5 sister could. I sent her over and she bought me a couple of skeins of cascade 220 and some purple cascade 128. I guess I might be a stasher afterall.

By the way, my abbreviations are getting confusing. The oldest sister can be the chicago sister. The other could be calgary sister, but she doesn't live there yet, she's still here in dallas. The next sister could be the other dallas sister and the last one could be the "single, unmarried, childless" one, but I know she hates it when our mother refers to her that way. So I've decided on numbers. #1 is chicago, #2 is dallas/calgary, #4 is the other dallas & #5 is the last one. It's easier that way.

1 comment:

MKH said...

HA! Thanks for not referring to me as the unmarried, childless one. I much prefer being reduced to a number. Really.