Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I should have learned

I finished up the Chicago BIL hat this weekend, it's all ready to give to him. I hope it fits.

I was going to make a new hat for J but since is it already March 18th, there is little chance that he will need to wear a hat before Thanksgiving. I'm putting that one off for awhile.

So back to knitting my touring wrap. Two nights ago, I picked it up and tried to figure out where I left off. I had finished a purl row and I couldn't "read" the stitches to figure out what pattern I had done the row before. I tinked back the whole row and figured out it was a row 7. Last night I picked it up again, purled the row and then finished row 1 of the repeat. Only to discover at the end that I was 1 stitch short. That would mean that I was 1 stitch short back on the row 7. Now I have to undo 2 rows of stitches and figure out where I messed up on the 3rd.

I should have remembered to count to 97 before I ever start a row.

No comments: