Sunday, March 9, 2008

How DH gets me to clean

He asks people over to dinner.

I guess the house was starting to look sloppy. I know the bathrooms needed a good scrubbing, floors needed vacuuming & mopping, dust needed dusting. I'm not motivated to do this all of the time. I do a little here and there, but it rarely all gets done at once. We used to do it together on Saturday mornings. He took half, I took half. We tackled the whole house in an hour or 2. That was before we had 3 kids, 2 old enough to do real stuff. All that real stuff (aka soccer) takes over our weekends.

I should get on a flylady schedule or something. One thing a day and that's it. I've tried it before but the minute I skip a day the schedule all goes to heck.

Well, I guess it was bothering DH because he called me yesterday morning while A was selling girl scout cookies at a local Starbucks and said, "Why don't we invite the Vs over?" I said, "That sounds like a good idea." He replied, "Well, we'll have to clean the house, you know."

See there was the true motivation. It wasn't really about being social, it was all about making me clean. He even rigged it so he went to the store for groceries and I did the cleaning. Okay, that's an exaggeration on my part. I sent him the store because it is easier to clean with him out of the house!

Dinner was good. We even ended up inviting some neighbors from down the street. They are friends with the Vs and we've met them several times. It was an enjoyable evening. We'll probably do it again in a month or so when the house is looking pitiful again.

No comments: