Tuesday, August 28, 2012

getting in the groove

You would think after a week of going to school we I would be in a groove. The routine should be back, muscle memory kicking in.

Nope. This afternoon J came across the street to the park and informed me that I didn't put a sandwich in his lunch today.  I put a sandwich container in his lunch bag, but it was empty. All of the sudden I realized that I didn't make anyone a sandwich today. I put empty sandwich containers in all of their lunchs. At least they had apple slices, carrot sticks, and candy for dessert.

B was the smart one.  He told his teacher that his mother forgot to give him a sandwich and they let him buy lunch from the cafeteria. The other two came home and ate a second lunch.

Hopefully, I've made that mistake and won't do it again.

1 comment:

susan said...

Hahahahahaha! That is AWESOME. It even beats the "jam sandwich" Dan claims his brother got once - two pieces of bread jammed together.