Saturday, August 25, 2012

41st

Yesterday was my birthday.  The kids had half day at school so we went out for a birthday lunch with the younger two cousins and my mom.  We came back to the house for cake (that A made!) & presents.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got another random assortment of stuff picked out by the kids.  I got new tennis balls since the dog chewed up the ones I got last year before we ever had a chance to play tennis.  I also got a stylus for the ipad, which is cool, but causing fights over whose turn it is to use it.

Photobucket

After cake & presents, MIL took the kids for the night.  DH & I headed out to a concert at House of Blues.  The Old 97s is a band that we used to watch long time ago in our post-college, pre-dating, we're just friends period of life.  Actually I saw the Old 97s with my girlfriends way more than I did with DH.  He bought front row seats in the balcony so I didn't have to stand and be squashed and not see.

the crowded floor & I'm not there
Photobucket

Photobucket

The concert was great.  They even played one of my favorites, St. Ignatius. We were up until 2am.  I'm tired.  I have a headache.  The children are back home and squabbling.  Birthday is over, life is back to normal.  At least I had a good day.

No comments: