Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Downton Abbey Week 3

Sunday night I joined S#5 again to watch Downton Abbey. S#5 made the big spread for the premiere episode and scones for the second episode. This week I pitched in with a recipe I found in my new Southern Living magazine, Lemon Rosemary Coffee Cake. It seemed very English tea to me.

It called for lemon curd, so I made my own. I almost messed it up but after a couple of takes and a lot of stirring, it turned out just fine. If you're going to try this, definitely cook it longer than the 8 minutes it calls for. It definitely needed more time to thicken.



Photobucket


The cake turned out delicious.



Photobucket


Everyone loved this cake. All the kids ate it and asked for more. I surprised at that. However, the rosemary that drew me to the recipe was very subtle. I would definitely add extra next time.

Downton Abbey was great. Grandmother Crowley was sharp as ever. Bates is back, Bates is back! Only 5 more days until the next episode.

No comments: