Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012

We actually had plans for NYE this year.  I don't remember what we did last year.  Or the year before.  Obviously they couldn't have been exciting nights.

This year friends invited us to their suite for the Stars game.  We joined 5 other couples and had a grand time.  Free food & drink & entertainment.  I was DD so I skipped on the alcohol but at least I got to taste the goodness of the dessert cart.


Photobucket

Photobucket


The Stars won the game, but honestly, I hardly watched the game.  There was lots of talking going on.  Afterward, we went to friends' house to ring in the New Year.  There was big goings on downtown at Big D NYE, but I had no desire to join in the massive crowds.  Six people sitting on the patio with the fire going was much nicer.

On New Year's Day we went to an open house in the neighborhood and grazed on leftover food for dinner. Once it got dark, DH lit a fire and we enjoyed s'mores on the last night of our vacation.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


School started back on Tuesday. So far I haven't slept through the alarm and I have survived the drudgery of making lunches. Only 12 more days until MLK day and I get another break!

No comments: