Monday, March 30, 2009

winding

On the trip to Canada I bought yarn to make a wool peddler's shawl. My inspiration was shawl #2 at this post.

I have a few other projects that need finish. I never finished sewing down the binding on J's quilt we made last Easter. I started a bag last summer that needs to be sewn up on one side and then lined. Not difficult to do, but I haven't done it. I promised myself no knitting the shawl until I finished up these long lingering projects.

The yarn sat in the bag teasing me all last week. Saturday I finally gave in. No I didn't start knitting. I wound the skeins into balls instead. I did the first one while holding the yarn over my shoulder. That was a pain. I had to stop every few turns to unravel some more yarn and it kept getting knotted. I needed to make a swift out of tinker toys. It worked pretty well. I needed some assistance because it moved to much. Luckily I have children for such tasks.


Photobucket

Photobucket


Now, the yarn is wound and waiting for me. I need to start working on the bag & the quilt before I give up and break my promise.

No comments: